There are hundreds of institutional buyout funds operating in North America; however, the very best funds are truly limited in number. We have the experience to discern the elite equity sponsors with exceptional attributes and track records. Our senior investment team has invested in over 150 middle-market buyout funds and has reviewed virtually every fund that has operated in this space since 1998.
The private equity industry is a perpetually changing landscape with a flow of firms entering and exiting the market, as well as firms in various stages of evolution. At Twin Bridge, we constantly evaluate our existing fund relationships alongside every current middle-market buyout firm to ensure that our portfolio contains the most capable sponsors.
We specialize in investing with funds that generally focus on portfolio companies with enterprise values substantially below $1 billion, with an emphasis on those below $500 million.
We believe this segment of the market has the best risk/return profile and offers the following value creation avenues:
- Operationally improve and grow the business.
- Augment and professionalize management.
- Execute accretive add-on acquisitions.
- Enter adjacent markets or geographies.
In underwriting new funds, we look for the following attributes:
- Impeccable reputation and integrity.
- Proven, experienced partnership with an exceptional track record.
- Unique deal sourcing abilities.
- Replicable blueprint for operational improvements.
- Focus on a limited number of industries, geographies and/or deal type.